What is the cost of the Cranium Softworks’ solution?
There are often several categories of cost associated with deploying our solutions depending on individual client needs:
- Initial setup. This cost is a one-time fee charged for the labor involved in deploying a new site. This cost, while relatively small, can vary depending on a number of factors including the complexity of your site design and the intricacies of your existing editorial and fulfillment processes.
- On going usage fee. This is a small monthly fee charged for you and your staff to use the software and tools provided as part of the solution. Cranium software solutions are provided in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model to reduces your initial investment and speed up the delivery and maintenance for your site. This fee is based on the minimum required to keep us in business and to provide you with the service level you deserve.
- Cost of success. Our business model ties our success to yours. We work hard to ensure that your online publication is a success, but unlike typical software vendors, we put our money where our mouth is. If you don’t increase your revenue then neither can we. When you do (and we are banking on it) then we will charge a minuscule percentage as compensation for our efforts.
- Consulting and Customization. While the Cranium solutions are as full-featured as we could possibly get them, every publication is different and every business varied. In the unlikely situation that our solutions can’t meet your specific requirements out of the box, we have a fully qualified team of developers and subject-matter experts that can understand your needs and provide outstanding service. These services are charged to you as needed and at a reasonable hourly rate.
What if I already have an existing system, do I have to replace it?
Simple answer, No. While Cranium solutions have been designed from the ground up to integrate seamlessly with each other, they are not necessarily interdependent. We have some clients that use the Copyrights Enforcement tools and some that only use our e-Commerce or Content Management systems. However, since there is costs associated with integrating our solutions with your existing systems, it may be wise to do a bit of analysis and see if replacing your existing components may be more cost-effective.
I’m migrating from an existing system to the new Cranium solutions. So what happens to my subscriber data and what about my archived content?
If you are planning on using our e-commerce, subscription management or certain content marketing tools, we can certainly import your existing subscription data. If you plan to use our content publishing and content delivery systems, we will be happy to import your archived content as well. However, because every data source is different and every publisher has a slightly different data structure, we cannot provide you with an estimated cost for data conversion until we have had a chance to review your existing data.
I’m starting a new publication and my publication does not have a website yet. Will Cranium be able to host my publication website?
Yes. You have the option of using you own web servers, any third-party hosting provider (be carful who you pick) or we can handle the necessary arrangements with one of our partner provider. We have a very strong relationship with Rackspace, one of the industry's leading specialist in website hosting and cloud computing. We highly recommend their Cloud Server environment for its reliability, scalability and flawless support.
OK, you convinced me. What do I need to get started?
You will need to do three things:
- Organize your thoughts
- Have a vision of what you want
- Call Rich at (301) 589-8930